The demand to deliver successful change outcomes and meet business objectives is more challenging than ever and organisations are having to respond to an increase in the pace, volume and complexity of change.
In this short survey, we asked 250 senior decision makers in large organisations which factors they expect to drive change and transformation in the year ahead, and how they plan to manage the associated challenges.
1. Rising costs are the top risk to big businesses in 2023, but corporate spending shows no sign of abating
- 76% of senior decision makers in UK businesses say that rising costs are the biggest risk to their business in 2023.
- But most will increase corporate spending in 2023 with the biggest increases in spending set to be on software, followed by sustainability initiatives and staff training.
2. The new gender gap: One in five senior female leaders plan to leave this year
- 26% of female senior decision makers are set to leave their roles in 2023, making them twice as likely to leave as their male counterparts (13%).
- Almost one in five (18%) senior decision makers in the UK don’t see themselves in their current business in 12 months’ time.
3. Three quarters of senior leaders are responsible for too many change initiatives at work.
- On average, senior decision makers are overseeing around four change and transformation initiatives (3.8%).
- 75% are responsible for overseeing more than three initiatives and 34% are juggling more than five.
Download the report
Click the image below to download a PDF version of the report.
Get in touch
If you’re interested in how we could support your organisation with change and transformation, let’s talk.