About the role:
The role covers a mix of proposition development, business development and assignment delivery for our key clients. As a leader, a Principal Consultant will be expected to play a key role in all aspects of the consulting practice.
You will influence your background in change, senior management and / or consulting to deliver and drive complex transformation programs for our clients, this could be via any of our services (Assurance, Delivery and Capability Development).
What you’ll do
- Lead client assignments and be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the assignments
- Be able to manage clients, stakeholders and cross-functional teams by working in collaboration to deliver the client outcomes within the agreed constraints
- Be responsible for managing the performance of our internal teams and support team members on-going development
- You will be responsible for building and leveraging client relationships, both independently and with support from the Senior Leadership Team, to generate business development opportunities across the Proteus proposition
- You will help prepare and coordinate proposals and tenders, and any similar requests for information from clients
- To build valuable relationships within Proteus and play an active role in the management of the firm, line managing more junior staff and contributing to the internal growth and transformation of the business
- Be a credible member of our team who would leverage your consulting and industry skills across several service lines
- In addition to your existing subject matter expertise, you will be expected to gain broad knowledge of the diverse ecosystem in our clients, as well as the key impacts for a variety of sectors.
- Be able to contribute to large scale organisation transformation programmes, ideally using traditional and / or agile methodologies with a business and technology focus
- Align with our core values: clarity, confidence, certainty and community
- Be able to strengthen client interventions (from individual assignments to journey planning account strategies)
- Have a proven track record or growing, developing and upskilling teams of junior colleagues
- Strong focus on outcomes with a high completer-finisher focus; drives it through the line
- Be highly collaborative across peers and teams
- Excellent listener, effective communicator, great co-ordinator
- Disciplined and willing to learn and adopt proprietary codified approaches to drive consistent client experience and enterprise value, incorporating personal experience and skills
- Willing to continuously learn and develop within the business
- Knowledge of both agile and traditional principles and practices
- Experience of supporting business development either in a consulting or related field.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent full time contract
- Hybrid working environment – work from home, Proteus offices or Client Office
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- Pension Scheme with 5% Employer Contribution
- Quarterly all-company social events (usually London or Edinburgh).
What it’s like to work here
Although we’re based in various locations across the UK, we’re a close team with a strong mix of experience. We ensure every voice is heard equally, and that everyone has access to the opportunities and guidance they need to evolve and grow.
Our leadership team encourages open, frank discussion at every level, and it’s an approach that helps us make positive changes quickly. If something’s not working, we raise it. Then we get together and improve it. That’s what powering a wave of change is all about.
Read more about our values, history and people on the About Us page
How to apply
If this all sounds right up your street, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your covering letter and CV by hitting the ‘Apply Now’ button below.